IU Real Estate's rental office is located at the southwest corner of campus, in the George M. Legg house, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Built in 1848 by George M. Legg on what was then farm land, the house pre-dates the university's move to its present site from Seminary Square. The home passed through many hands over the years, and once housed the parents of IU President William Lowe Bryan.
IU purchased the house in 1964. The property was renovated in 2002, with partial funding through a historic preservation grant from the Indiana Department of Natural Resources.